Sunday, January 28, 2007

EGG-BAG December

OUR NEXT MEETING –DECEMBER 20, 2006

December's theme is Helter Skelter--The lyrics may give you some idea or just go helter skelter about picking you effect to perform.

The theme for next month is Here, There and Everywhere

To help you get started this month--Below are the lyrics to the Beetles Song–Make of it what you will: (Remember if you can't follow the theme, you are expected to perform an effect of your choice anyway.)

HELTER SKELTER

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah yeah yeah

Do you, don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you
Tell me, tell me, tell me, come on tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelter yeah

Will you, won't want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me, tell me, tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelter
Look out 'cause here she comes

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
And I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
And I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah yeah yeah

Well do you, don't want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me, tell me, tell me your answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelter
Look out helter skelter, she's coming down fastYes she is, yes she is coming down fast

Although the meeting was postponed for a week and it was the evening before Thanksgiving we had a nice turnout.

THANKS TO THE GANG THAT WORK THE N.P.C. HOLIDAY PARTY

The Assembly's thanks go out to the following members that performed at the N.P.C. party:
Allen Barwick, Dwight Redman, in from Florida, Jack Chancellor, in from Ohio,Scott Miller, Lee Eyler, Ray Eyler and Rick Beatty. Thanks fellows for your efforts.

MONKEY BUSINESS–The social portion of the Meeting

November Meeting theme was "Fixing a Hole." First to perform was Noland Montgomery performed a clever one cup and ball routine with a final load that surprised everyone.

Following Noland was Lars Klores. Lars drew a map on a business card and punched a hole showing the location of a pot hole in the road right outside Lee's house. Using magic fingers he visibly slid the hole to another place on the card. It was such a good trick we unanimously voted him into the club.

Larry Lipman was next as he showed his sleight-of-hand proficiency with a very nice presentation of the Ninja Rings.

Erik Feinberg (and assistant) presented a miniature rendition of the Houdini Water Cell Escape. He also showed us a magic box that gave the illusion that a quarter turned into two. With a wave of the hand there really were two quarters!

Rick (The Legendary) Beatty took the theme seriously and proceeded to puncture holes in various parts of his body, including his tongue. Fortunately he was able to use his wizardry to fix the holes.

Hugh Turley had thoughts of black holes in space as he told the story using cards of the famous Star Trek series. Klingons appeared and disappeared as Kirk, Scotty and Co. were able to turn this from Star Trek into a Star Trick!

James Munton showed how to stop crooked gamblers from burning a hole in your pocket with a series of gambling demonstrations.

Alan Drew III, in town from Maine, performed some money switcheroo to everyone's delight.

Ray Eyler performed Lou Gallo's "Origami Bill". Ray penetrated both a card and dollar bill with a cocktail sword through a single hole, however, with the assistance of magic was able to slide the bill back and forth within the card. When he removed the sword and separated the bill and card there was only a single small whole in both.

Max Eyler, attending his first meeting (the third generation of Eylers to become members of the Assembly), performed an excellent packet trick with backs appearing and disappearing and followed up with a well-themed black hole trick. He too was voted into the Assembly.

Joe Tessmer called on the Christmas Spirits to cause a feather to magically twist and turn on a playing card - no strings, threads, or magnets!

Lee Eyler performed entertained us with his handling of Ring off String.

The meeting was adjourned to the Truman Lounge for further socializing.

FUTURE THEMES (Subject to change)

January:-- Here, There and Everywhere
February:-- All You Need is Love
March:-- Across the Universe
April:-- Taxman
May:-- Twist and Shout
June:-- Please Mr. Postman

No comments: